Sun, Oct 24|
Virtual Yoga Nidra
An Evening Retreat!
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the event
Yoga nidra translates to “yogic sleep”. This ancient practice allows your mind and body to rest in that sweet space between waking and sleeping; aware yet deeply relaxed. It is said that within this state, our truest selves can emerge. Yoga nidra allows us to plug into ourselves in a pure and non-judgmental way in order to learn our emotions, desires and thoughts without being swayed. Through guided meditation, you will flow through different stages of awareness- awareness of mind, body, breath and essence.
You will be laying in Shavasana throughout the practice and guided through the five different energy sheaths of your body:
- Annamaya Kosha (physical body)- awareness of sensation
- Pranamaya Kosha (energy body)- awareness of breath and energy
- Monomaya Kosha (emotional body)- awareness of feelings
- Vijnanamaya Kosha (etheric or wisdom body)- awareness of thoughts
- Anandamaya Kosha (bliss body)- awareness of joy and pleasure
I invite you to spend the evening taking care of your body and soul. It's time to unwind and decompress, in a meaningful and long-lasting way.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Induces profound relaxation in mind and body
- Decreases stress
- Alleviates insomnia
- Helps solve personal and interpersonal problems
- Stabilizes heart rate and breath
- Promotes a healing for common mental health issues
Who should attend
- Anyone who is asking, “Who am I?” “Why am I?” “What is all of this?” and “What is enlightenment?”
- All are welcome!
- Educators can attend for FREE!
What to expect/bring
- Deep relaxation
- Guided meditation
- Wear comfy clothes
- Bring a mat, blanket, pillow, bolsters, blocks and eye pillow (if available)
- Set up a comfortable, safe, and relaxing sanctuary
*Please note, this event will be recorded. You have the right to turn off your camera and use an anonymous name when you sign into Zoom.
All educators are FREE
Virtual Yoga Nidra