Virtual Yoga Nidra
Time & Location
About the event
Yoga nidra translates to “yogic sleep”. This ancient practice allows your mind and body to rest in that sweet space between waking and sleeping; aware yet deeply relaxed. It is said that within this state, our truest selves can emerge. Yoga nidra allows us to plug into ourselves in a pure and non-judgmental way in order to learn our emotions, desires and thoughts without being swayed. Through guided meditation, you will flow through different stages of awareness- awareness of mind, body, breath and essence.
You will be laying in Shavasana throughout the practice and guided through the five different energy sheaths of your body:
- Annamaya Kosha (physical body)- awareness of sensation
- Pranamaya Kosha (energy body)- awareness of breath and energy
- Monomaya Kosha (emotional body)- awareness of feelings
- Vijnanamaya Kosha (etheric or wisdom body)- awareness of thoughts
- Anandamaya Kosha (bliss body)- awareness of joy and pleasure
I invite you to spend the evening taking care of your body and soul. It's time to unwind and decompress, in a meaningful and long-lasting way.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Induces profound relaxation in mind and body
- Decreases stress
- Alleviates insomnia
- Helps solve personal and interpersonal problems
- Stabilizes heart rate and breath
- Promotes a healing for common mental health issues
Who should attend
- Anyone who is asking, “Who am I?” “Why am I?” “What is all of this?” and “What is enlightenment?”
- All are welcome!
- Educators can attend for FREE!
What to expect/bring
- Deep relaxation
- Guided meditation
- Wear comfy clothes
- Bring a mat, blanket, pillow, bolsters, blocks and eye pillow (if available)
- Set up a comfortable, safe, and relaxing sanctuary
*Please note, this event will be recorded. You have the right to turn off your camera and use an anonymous name when you sign into Zoom.
- Virtual Yoga Nidra$20$200$0